Saturday, June 14, 2014

Well, hello there!

My son, Jacob, is currently 9 months old. Maybe I should have started this blog sooner but anyone who is a parent can vouch for me when I say, these beautiful bundles of baby joy are also time sucking bandits! Cute bandits, but bandits all the same! Every waking minute is dedicated to being a parent. What am I saying?!? Every minute, PERIOD, whether awake or not! It's currently 12:30am and though my house is blissfully quiet right now, I can still hear the hum from the video monitor less than 2 feet from my face....my work is never done. I'm exhausted and in love and cranky and happy and old and young and disorganized and focused. It is a very bizarre thing to be a mom and experience all of these things all at the same time.....and yes, that IS possible!
I had thought about starting a mommy blog when I concluded that there were A LOT of things that no one really let me in on when it came to pregnancy and then parenting. I've made more discoveries in the past 18 months than I'm sure I ever have in my whole life. I've seen some things! And I'm pretty sure people don't tell you a lot of this stuff because they don't want to scare the pants off of you before you even step foot in the ring! Well I'm about to blow this thing wide open! I will be honest with you above all else. Some of my experiences are really cool and funny and amazing and other things.....not so much. Either way, I hope you can find something in my ramblings that might be useful to whatever it is you might be going through.

A bit about me;

I'm a mom.....surprise! :) I have one absolutely adorable and awesomely beautiful son named Jacob. This little dude quickly stole my heart and became the light of my life. I love him more than I ever thought I could love anyone. But before him I was an artist. I still am an artist.....I just create much less art than I used to! I am passionate about painting and parenting and I sometimes have a hard time finding the balance between the two.
I live in Ontario Canada with my amazing husband who is currently training to be a Pilot with the Canadian Military and at the same time obtaining his Masters Degree. Our household is a busy one!
We are also furless parents to two cats and a bunny. Up until Jacob was three months old we also had a Boxer named Duke. I'll write more about him in an upcoming post but we lost him to cancer just before the Holidays.
I paint fantasy watercolour illustrations and I LOVE it. I feel so much more like myself in a world surrounded by fairy's and mermaids and all kinds of whimsical creatures. It helps me stay focused and grounded and centered and happy. SO much happy!


Me and my son, Jacob, when he was brand spankin' new!

No comments:

Post a Comment